More about Valentine's Day...
So yesterday, a friend of mine was on MSN, and his nickname was wishing everyone a "Happy Singles Awareness Day". I mentioned to him, "But I am already VERY aware of my singleness!" Ha ha...so I came up with a modified version for him: Happy Singles Appreciation Day. I was very proud of myself. ;) Hee hee.
I was reading some articles on the Boundless webzine, and discovered an article about Valentine's Day that reflected exactly how I feel...that the day doesn't have to be wasted on moping around because of the lack of a significant other! But rather, share the love that we have received from God, and reflect it back on those you care about (ie. family, friends). For me, it was to take it one step further, by a random act of kindness for someone else who wouldn't expect it (ie. the cashier at the coffee shop, the homeless man begging on the street). It also helps me remember that this life isn't about me, but about others. And so, another great Valentine's Day for me! How about you?
~reminded of God's love for me, and I can share the love to make every day a Valentine's Day.
I was reading some articles on the Boundless webzine, and discovered an article about Valentine's Day that reflected exactly how I feel...that the day doesn't have to be wasted on moping around because of the lack of a significant other! But rather, share the love that we have received from God, and reflect it back on those you care about (ie. family, friends). For me, it was to take it one step further, by a random act of kindness for someone else who wouldn't expect it (ie. the cashier at the coffee shop, the homeless man begging on the street). It also helps me remember that this life isn't about me, but about others. And so, another great Valentine's Day for me! How about you?
~reminded of God's love for me, and I can share the love to make every day a Valentine's Day.
